Frequently Asked Questions
ATTENTION Curriculum Decision Makers AND Curriculum Supervisors, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs are the only known tried, tested and proven curriculum in the marketplace that specifically provide “hands-on tools” to help 3rd-12th grade students UNDERSTAND how highly effective ethical leaders think and act.
Open the answer to each question throughout the entire FAQ section by clicking the blue-colored dot thereby ensuring each answer appears.
Now print the entire FAQ section so that you have a quick and easy reference, in hand, for your use when you need to refresh your memory.
1. Read why P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® educational programs are the products of choice for anyone in leadership or aspiring to be in leadership regardless of the persons age. Specifically, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs are intentionally designed to be easy to understand for 3rd thru 12th grade youth.
Traditional American values have been absent from public school curriculum for nearly 60 years.
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming intentionally provides easy-to-understand, easy-to-use, and easy-to-facilitate “hands-on” practical tools that address: Personal Core Values, Positive Mental Attitude, Leverage Your Strengths, Integrity/Ethics, Self-Discipline, Accountability and much more.
Positive Youth Leadership is Positive Youth Influence. No more and no less.
2. Read why P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs, developed by Practical Strategies ltd®, are superior to those of their competitors.
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs clearly promote UNDERSTANDING traditional American values. (Examine the titles of each Facilitator Manual and accompanying Participant Work Book.)
Traditional American Values are values that the vast majority of Americans already believe in. Such as: Manners, Morals, Respect, Character, Common Sense, Trust, Good Behavior, Integrity, Love, etc., etc., etc.
Said differently, Six Ethics of Life
Before you pray – Believe
Before you Speak – Listen
Before Spend – Earn
Before you write – Think
Before you quit – Try
Before you die – Live
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs challenge participants to quit:
Trying to please everyone;
Living in the past;
Putting themselves down; and
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs neither promote religious nor political doctrine or philosophy. P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming helps kids to UNDERSTAND that trustworthy information gives them the ability to think for themself versus simply repeating what others say and do.
Some of the benefits students receive from P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming helps them to develop their personal core values:
How to live;
how to treat other people;
how to judge character;
how to behave;
how to respond to problems and different things that come their way;
the importance of helping each other.
The concepts that are stressed in P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® are important concepts for living a productive, ethical life. They’re concepts that last a lifetime.
All P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs are intentionally designed to be facilitated by individuals of any age who possess reasonable common sense, regardless whether the individual has been formally trained for classroom teaching.
Positive Leadership is Positive Influence. No more and no less.
Practical Strategies ltd® premier Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies educational programs are intentionally designed to be the products of choice for anyone aspiring to serve in leadership positions. Key principles such as ethical leadership, teamwork, and positive mental attitude are applied. Participants enjoy the many benefits that come from learning how to become well-informed and to consistently apply wise thinking.
Employers value Practical Strategies ltd® coveted achievement-ladder programs. Completion of the entire curriculum peaks by the individual earning Master–Level Certification: Distinguished Achievement Certificate (Platinum)
Each PS ltd program is based on American values and is a complete teaching system that includes lesson plans, facilitator/teacher narratives, PowerPoint slides, suggested classroom activities, etc. Without exception, lessons are specifically-designed to be taught by lay-facilitators in home schools, public schools, Native American reservation schools, charter schools, and within church groups, ethnic groups, community groups, and youth-focused organizations, and in corporate training environments. None of the Practical Strategies ltd® programs are either religious or political publications.
Four components make these FUN programs complete while using common sense methods that make them easy to understand and they are immediately ready-to-use:
- Inclusiveness – by applying historic one-room-school concepts, mixed-age, ethnic and academic-level participants are intentionally included in the same learning activities at the same time;
- Close to home – no one is required to travel outside their home area;
- Local Support – parents, communities, lay-facilitators, public school teachers and administrators support these programs;
- Adaptability – Multiple lay-facilitators and classroom teachers working in a variety of environments validate that PS ltd-designed program materials are easily adaptable to anyone aspiring to serve in leadership positions, regardless of age (adolescent through mature adult) or attained academic level (elementary school through post-graduate degrees).
Many civic, social, and service organizations willingly help community organizations finance the purchase of PS ltd educational materials because doing so is routinely within their reason for existing. Simply ask them. You will be amazed at their desire to help you.
GUARANTEE: Practical Strategies ltd® products are 100% guaranteed. Return the undamaged product(s) with a copy of your proof of purchase and postage receipt. Full payment plus shipping, handling, and postage costs will be immediately refunded. Simple, unconditional, no-nonsense. No questions asked.
3. Read why P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® is different from other leadership programs.
The uniqueness of P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® is its ability to be local in presentation and learning. P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® brings leadership development right into the community and the life of participants. P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming routinely brings together people from diverse backgrounds into one group while simultaneously learning to be leaders.
4. Who can participate in P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs?
Anyone who aspires to serve in leadership positions can participate in P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming. The P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® curriculum was developed to bring together students with developmental disabilities with student leaders to challenge them to lead together. The success of these efforts led to the sharing of the curriculum and concepts to other situations in the local community. Any person who wants to learn to lead can work through the P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® in a variety of settings and begin to develop leadership skills.
Practical Strategies ltd®, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of their activities or operations. The activities include, but are not limited to, participants in training, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for training participants, members of staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, independent contractors, and vendors.
5. What is the recommended Subject Matter Topic priority order for anyone aspiring to serve in positions preferring leadership skills and/or the study of personal growth strategies?
Each P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Facilitator Guide and Participant Workbook, is a complete, easy to understand/easy to use, stand alone program.
To grasp the likely best foundational building blocks of Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies, the recommended order of study is:
1) Personal Core Values
2) Positive Mental Attitude
3) Leverage Your Strengths
5) Decision Making
6) Personal Financial Strategies
7) Team Building
8) Live Your Dreams
10) Equipping Self and Others
6. Are the programs suitable for both adults and children?
Yes. Practical Strategies ltd® programs are appropriate for any age group.
Adaptability – Multiple facilitators and classroom teachers working in a variety of environments validate that PS ltd-designed program materials are easily adaptable to anyone aspiring to serve in leadership positions, regardless of age (adolescent through mature adult) or attained academic level (elementary school through post-graduate degrees).
Each PS ltd program is based on the deeply held traditional American principle of being well-informed and applying consistent wise thinking and is a complete teaching system that includes lesson plans, facilitator/teacher narratives, PowerPoint slides, suggested classroom activities, etc. Without exception lessons are specifically-designed to be taught by any ethical person of any age when applying reasonable common sense, regardless whether the individual has been formally trained for classroom teaching. None of the Practical Strategies ltd® programs intentionally promote any particular religious nor political philosophy or doctrine.
PS ltd programs fulfill most training requirements for:
Continuing education units
7. Are Practical Strategies ltd® products available online?
Yes. Practical Strategies ltd® products are available online.
A thumb drive for each P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Facilitator System is available for purchase. Please contact sales@PracticalStrategies.org if you care to make a purchase.
8. Are book bundles available for purchase?
Yes. Book bundles are available for purchase when the purchase is being made by a Home School representative. Special pricing is available.
9. What is the P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Leadership & Personal Growth Skills Series
Positive Youth Leadership is Positive Youth Influence. No more and no less.
Practical Strategies ltd® P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® premier Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies educational programs for kids 9 – 18 years of age are the products of choice for anyone aspiring to be in leadership. Key principles such as ethical leadership, teamwork and positive mental attitude are applied. Participants enjoy the many benefits that come from learning how to become well-informed and consistently applying wise thinking.
This coveted achievement-ladder program peaks by earning Master–Level Certification: Distinguished Achievement Certificate (Platinum)
Level No. 1 Exceptional Achievement Certificate (Bronze)
Personal Core Values Certificate
Positive Mental Attitude Certificate
Leverage Your Strengths Certificate
Level No. 2 Prestigious Achievement Certificate (Silver)
Personal Financial Strategies Certificate
Positive Mental Attitude Certificate
Team Building Certificate
Level No. 3 Superior Achievement Certificate (Gold)
Equipping Self and Others Certificate
Positive Mental Attitude Certificate
10. Is Facilitator training available for P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming?
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® program facilitation is easy to use and does not require any special training. However, if some individuals prefer training in facilitating, “Train the Facilitator” training is available.
11. What causes Practical Strategies ltd® designed P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming to be most effective?
Time intentionally being made available during class at the Facilitator’s discretion for Facilitator-Guided topic-specific small group/large group and total classroom discussions.
Testimonials of program participants, actual facilitators and public school administrators who have experienced the outcomes of Practical Strategies ltd® developed P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Breadth and depth of curriculum content;
- Intentional mixing and matching of participants to encourage face-to-face communication with unfamiliar people;
- Challenging participants to practice learning “How to Think” for themselves vs. following the noisy crowd;
- Building positive Relationships;
- Peer-to-peer interactions;
- Peer-to-peer accountability
- ALA class is “different” in a good way from most of the academic classes students take.
- There is a lot more “active” learning opportunities with ALA.
- Many ALA students have shown a marked improvement in their other classes both academically and in attitudes that have been attributed to ALA.
- Has greatly increased student’s confidence to be involved in activities and participate in their other classes. Many students have improved their public speaking and overall communication skills.
- Students’ decision-making skills and abilities have improved.
- ALA has caused better support in the school and in athletics for peers of different academic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- ALA has provided many valuable learning experiences for students outside of the regular classroom setting
- There is a strong positive feeling for ALA within our school community.
12. How much time do lessons take to deliver?
Lessons are intentionally designed to enhance participant understanding of the material being presented. Lesson plans are designed for 30–minute sessions. However, the length of time spent on activities and discussion can vary, depending on the facilitator’s judgment, based upon the intensity of the question-focused discussion.
13. How long is the wait between ordering Practical Strategies ltd® products and when I can expect to receive the products I have ordered?
Orders are usually received within three weeks after ordering and receipt of payment.
14. How do I place an order for PS ltd products?
15. WHAT is the Practical Strategies ltd® MISSION (Purpose)?
The Practical Strategies overarching MISSION is to ensure that one hundred years from now, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® educational programming, created by Practical Strategies ltd®, will have helped ten million people to understand how highly effective ethical caring leaders think and act.
Our Practical Strategies ltd® leadership intent is to share our combined 65-plus years of experience with anyone who aspires to serve in leadership positions.
Russ & Cindy Tippett are committed to sharing their vast experiences in the field of education to help change the hearts and minds of anyone aspiring to serve in leadership and to be informed patriots. By teaching the Constitution and the Bill of Rights underlying principles of liberty, our goal is to ensure a positive change for the future American Public.
Cindy and Russ began intense, highly-focused, self-study for the purpose of creating Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies educational programs. We each have well-over 30-years-experience in the field of Technical Education, domestically and internationally. Coupled with our technical education experience, both having post-graduate degrees plus many years of practical field-experience. Having worked closely together for more than 35 years, Cindy, Connie and Russ are highly qualified to help others achieve their self-defined satisfying life.
Visit www.PracticalStrategies.org for further info about our individual professional histories.
16. About the Practical Strategies ltd® Team
ABOUT THE PRACTICAL STRATEGIES LTD® TEAM
Practical Strategies ltd® Founders
Russell. K. Tippett and Cindy S. Tippett are principals of Practical Strategies ltd®, a for profit consulting firm that is a Federal Government-recognized Certified Small Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business and a State of Ohio Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise. They are co-founders of the Academy for Leadership Abilities® (ALA) Organization and the highly acclaimed ALA Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies Library.
Russ is a member of the Sons of the American Revolution, Ohio Society, National No. 139797, Lt. George Ewing Chapter; Sons of the Union Veterans of the Civil War, Ohio, John S. Townsend, Camp 108.
Cindy & Russ are NRA Golden Eagles and are members of Hillsdale College’s Liberty & Learning Society (a non-sectarian, Christian institution that maintains by precept and example the teaching and practices of the Christian faith).
Russell K. Tippett and Cindy S. Tippett are independent certified coaches, teachers, and speakers with the John Maxwell team. Cindy Tippett is an independent Les Brown Maximum Achievement Team trained public speaker and is being personally mentored by Les Brown.
Russ Tippett is an independent executive coach trained by world-class coach Christian Simpson.
Practical Strategies ltd® co-founders Russ Tippett & Cindy Tippett are international-respected educational program development experts. Their formal education coupled with the combined 65-year career experiences in the field of education are shared in their work.
Russell K. Tippett
Russ retired from Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, USA, with 35 years’ service.
Positions served: Senior Vice President; Vice President; Dean School of Natural Resources; CEO & President of the National Ranger Training Institute at Hocking College; Director, Department Public Safety; Teaching Faculty.
• Co-Founder and Consultant, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Organization, New Lexington, Ohio.
• Sandal’s Resorts International, Royal Bahamian Resort, Nassau, Bahamas. Lead Instructor Leadership Trainer for entire management staff.
• Ohio Governor’s Program Excellence 1989-1991 Biennium Competitor for National Ranger Training Institute at Hocking Technical College, Nelsonville, OH.
• Team Leader for earned World Certification for National Ranger Training Institute at Hocking Technical College, (pilot project for North America with City and Guilds of London Institute, London, England.) The National Ranger Training Institute served clients from 43 of the 50 United States plus 8 countries.
• International Who’s Who of Professionals Member, 1998 Edition, Vol. 2, No. 6, p. 8299. Gibralter Publishing, Inc.: Jacksonville, NC.
Cindy S. Tippett
Cindy retired from Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, with 33 years’ service.
Positions served: Presidential Chief of Staff; Vice President(s) Administrative Assistant, Foundation Director, College-wide Scheduler, Teaching Faculty, Department Secretary.
• Co-Founder and Consultant, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Organization, New Lexington, Ohio.
• Past President, Nelsonville Rotary International Club, Nelsonville, OH.
• Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International.
• Interim Director, International Field Studies, Inc. Forfar Field Station, Andros Island, Bahamas.
• Executive Assistant to the Executive Director & Accountant, International Field Studies, Inc., Columbus, OH.
• Executive Assistant to the President, Green Light Alliance, LLC, Columbus, OH.
• National Association of Presidential Assistants in Higher Education, Past Chair, Director.
• Ohio Association of Presidential Assistants in Community Colleges. Past Chair.
- Hocking College Foundation, Board of Directors.
• Hocking College Foundation. Executive Director.
• Strategic Horizon College Program, sponsored by the Consortium for Higher Education, University of Michigan. Hocking College was one of 13 nationwide colleges designated as a Strategic Horizon College. Design Team/HC Liaison.
• Sandal’s Resorts International, Royal Bahamian Resort, Nassau, Bahamas. Leadership
Trainer & Program Coordinator for entire management staff.
• McClenaghan Center for Hospitality Training (International). Board of Directors.
• Strathmore’s Who’s Who Worldwide Women of Influence Lifetime Member (2017) for individuals who have exemplified leadership and achievement in their occupation, industry or profession.
Connie serves as Senior Executive Administrative Assistant to both Cindy S. Tippett, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and Russell K. Tippett, President and Chief Executive Officer, Practical Strategies ltd®.
Positions served: Connie retired from Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, with 35 years’ service. Department Secretary, Administrative assistant to senior level management for more than 25 years.
Effective teamwork: Connie, Cindy, and Russ have worked together as a highly effective team for well over 25 years.
D&GG Marketing Communications & Advertising
is a woman owned, full-service marketing and advertising agency dedicated to making sure every project is done on-time and on-budget. Since 1984, we have never missed a deadline. Our belief is that we are only as good as the last project we have completed.
Ashley serves as an Independent Contractor working with Practical Strategies ltd® as an
agent focused on selling P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programs, created
by Practical Strategies ltd®.
Ashley is the newest member of our Practical Strategies ltd® Team.
Ashley has served Practical Strategies ltd® in multiple backoffice capacities: her
integrity, work quality, productivity, and positive mental attitude, are superior. We
anticipate a long-term business relationship with her as she continues to develop into a
valuable team member. We welcome her aboard.
Additional Information about the P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming Authors
Following retirement from our rewarding careers in the field of higher education, we continued focusing our responsibilities by immersing ourselves in developing our private consulting firm Practical Strategies ltd®. Through Practical Strategies and by applying our 65 combined years of practical experience in education, we created the highly acclaimed P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Organization’s Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies Library.
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Educational Programs, created by Cindy and Russ Tippett, are valuable playbooks in the game of life.
~ Coach Lou Holtz
Presidential Medal of Freedom, Recipient
National College Football Hall of Fame
Russell K. Tippett, Cindy S. Tippett, and David C. Couch, are cofounders of the Academy for Leadership Abilities® (ALA) Organization. Russ and Cindy, are the creators of the highly acclaimed P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum®, ALA Educational Programs. In 1988, they were members of an elite Develop A Curriculum (DACUM) process team of 20 Master Teacher Professionals who identified knowledge, skills, abilities and attitudes routinely exhibited by highly experienced practitioners in 15 separate career fields.
The lessons learned from that two-year endeavor were applied as they developed ALA Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies Library for the Academy for Leadership Abilities® Organization.
Their over-arching goal was three-fold:
- Develop practical hands-on programming that would help participants of any age or academic achievement level understand how highly effective ethical caring leaders think and act.
- Develop easy to understand and easy to use facilitator development manuals for use by any ethical individual possessing reasonable common-sense, regardless of whether being formally trained and certified as a public school teacher.
- Develop easy to understand and easy to use accompanying workbooks that in combination with in-class guided facilitation and small group interaction help participants to develop:
- Self-awareness: the ability to accurately recognize one’s own emotions, thoughts, values and how they influence behavior. The ability to accurately assess one’s strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a “growth mindset.”
- Self-management: the ability to successfully regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations— effectively managing stress, controlling impulses, and motivating oneself. The ability to set and work towards personal and academic goals.
- Social-awareness: the ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures. The ability to understand social and ethical norms for behavior and to recognize family, school, and community resources and supports.
- Relationship skills: the ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
The ability to communicate clearly, listen well, cooperate with others, resist inappropriate social pressure, negotiate conflict constructively, and seek and offer help when needed.
- Responsible decision-making: the ability to make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety concerns, and making decisions based on the deeply held traditional American principle of being well-informed and applying consistent wise thinking. The realistic evaluation of the consequences of various actions, and it consideration of the well-being of oneself and others.
TRIED, TESTED, AND PROVEN
The Practical Strategies ltd® mission is to ensure that 100 years from now Practical Strategies ltd® programs will have helped ten million people to truly understand how highly effective ethical caring leaders think and act.
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® educational programs, created by Practical Strategies ltd®, are directly applicable and IDEAL for churches in transition: dwindling attendance, church income has reduced significantly, long-term church leaders are retiring due to health and age infirmities, no one seems to want to stand in the void, etc.
The same P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® educational programs, created by Practical Strategies ltd®, are easily adaptable to any situation and provide a sustainable system for growth. Each program provides practical hands-on tools that help students understand how highly effective ethical caring leaders think and act. Program concepts are important foundational building blocks for a successful life.
All PS ltd programs are intentionally designed to be facilitated by individuals of any age who possess reasonable common sense, P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies programs, created by Practical Strategies ltd®, are ideal for anyone serving now or aspiring to serve in leadership positions, regardless of their age or level of academic achievement.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) with easy-to-understand answers are available at your fingertips when visiting www.PracticalStrategies.org.
P = Pathway to Success; O = Own Your Actions; W = Work Ethic Discipline; E = Equip Yourself and Others; R = Read Every Day
P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® educational programs, created by Practical Strategies ltd®, are specifically designed for 3rd – 12th grade youth. The similar needs for Spiritual Leaders, for those aspiring to be Spiritual Leaders, and for 3rd – 12th grade youth are ASTONISHING. In many cases, individuals in both groups have never served in a leadership position.
Each program provides practical hands-on tools that help students understand how highly effective ethical leaders think and act— concepts focus on the value of building a successful life through hard work, preparation, loyalty, and dedication. Educational units are easily adaptable to any situation and provide a sustainable system for growth.
The third generation of public-school students are now in the pipeline. After this current generation graduates, who will be available to teach incoming students that which you, Cindy and Russ, were taught, not only in public schools, but in our homes, our communities and across this great land? Sadly, making decisions based on the deeply held traditional American principle of being well-informed and applying consistent wise thinking have been removed from public school curricula since the teaching of biblical principles were prohibited by the United States Supreme Court in 1962 & 1963.
Home Schoolers need unbiased factual data in order for parents to make rational, well-informed decisions about their children’s education.
Never Bet Against America!
In God We Trust
Cindy S. Tippett and Russell K. Tippett
17. What is the over-arching goal of the Practical Strategies ltd® Team?
Practical Strategies ltd® co-founders, Russ Tippett and Cindy Baden Tippett truly believe that we have been placed on this earth for the specific purpose of creating Leadership Skills and Personal Growth Strategies educational programming.
We both are blessed with attitudes, skills, abilities, and work ethics that have led us to the vast arenas of university and technical education, related practical experiences domestically and internationally, and the sincere desire to share our experiences with anyone aspiring to serve in leadership positions.
We have concluded that we are obligated to help cause positive change in reference to the severe social divide in the World’s Society by providing access to effective action-oriented P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® programming tools that ordinary citizens can easily use in their HOME community. By working as a team, the impact will be amazing. Together we will achieve the IMPOSSIBLE; transforming the negative mindset of vast numbers of dedicated citizens, one community at a time.
Meaning: a minimum of one individual passes P.O.W.E.R. Curriculum® information on to one other individual who passes it on to one other person in their HOME community. Doing so will plant the seeds of much-needed dramatic positive social change around the entire world.
TEAMWORK really DOES make the DREAM WORK!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
~ Margaret Mead